HTML Load Documentation

Hello,
Is there documentation somewhere on what HTML Tags are converted to what GemBox types and what styling is supported on those?
I noticed a thread for example talking about span’s being converted to run objects and those not supporting padding.
My current issue is with div’s not seeming to pickup my padding-left styling. I can see the block that the div is converted to supports a left indentation property, but it’s not being set.

Thanks,
Todd

Hi Todd,

Unfortunately no, there is no such documentation.

Nevertheless, as a general rule of thumb, you should expect that document type structures and layout should be well supported.
In other words, if the HTML content has an appropriate representation in the Word document, then it will be supported.

For instance, the block-level elements in Word and HTML format are full-width elements with the static position. But in HTML you can change their size and display properties, however, that is not supported in Word.

Now regarding your issue, can you send us this HTML content so that we can investigate it?

Regards,
Mario

Mario,
The overall HTML is quite messy as it’s converted from another custom layout structure. This is a sample of the html that’s at issue. Specifically, it’s the padding-left in the first div that doesn’t seem to get translated to a block with a left indent.

<div style='font-size: 11pt;padding-left: 18pt;line-height: 1;' data-mce-style="font-size: 11pt; padding-left: 18pt; line-height: 1;">
	<span style='font-family: Times New Roman;font-size: 11pt;color: ;font-style: normal;' data-mce-style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 11pt; font-style: normal;">1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Mei was playing in the attic one day when she found a loose board. She was a curious girl, so she reached behind the board and discovered a recipe card hidden there. “Make a Doll Real,” it said. It had instructions for mixing ten things from the kitchen. The instructions ended with, “Sprinkle a small amount of powder on doll. Doll will become real.” One more line said, “Perceptible only to the sprinkler.” What did that mean? Mei did not have a clue, but it stuck in her mind.<br>
	</span>
</div>

I have control over the converter application. So if there’s alternative html that work it’s possible for me to apply it that way.

Thanks,
Todd

Mario,
After some experimenting it’s looking like the general ‘padding’ style works. I think I can retool the converter application to use that instead. Is it possible for you to confirm that for me?

Thanks,
Todd

Hi Todd,

Can you replace the padding usage with margin on block-level elements like <div> and <p>?
Would that work for you?

Regards,
Mario